Lawyers You Can Turn To After A Motorcycle Or Truck Accident
If you were the victim of a motorcycle or truck accident in Illinois, there are things you should understand about your rights to compensation.
At Cassian & Carter LLC, in Joliet, all we do is personal injury. Our mission is to simplify the process while pursuing maximum compensation. We offer a free consultation so that you can get your urgent questions answered. Call 815-714-7118 today.
Why Motorcycle Accidents Are Different
Motorcycles do not offer the armor and protection that cars do. They are also much smaller and lighter, so they receive the brunt force of the impact more proportionally. This means that both drivers and passengers of motorcycles are likely to suffer more serious injuries and even death in a collision.
We will investigate the accident, collect evidence, and identify and interview witnesses. As attorneys who are focused on and have extensive personal injury case experience, we will anticipate challenges and obstacles, and work hard to expedite the process.
We have extensive experience with motorcycle accidents. We understand the nature of serious injuries, the different injuries, such as road rash, the healing process and the overall cost of recovery. This means we know how much to pursue in motorcycle accidents.
Truck Drivers And Owners Have Different Safety Standards
Drivers of a semi or tractor-trailer must pass a different safety exam than regular drivers. These drivers are regulated by the government and held to a higher degree of awareness and clarity. Even so, many semis and tractor-trailer trucks are involved in accidents on Illinois highways and freeways. There are several reasons for this, including:
- Distracted driving. Truckers may want to be entertained, text or conduct online business while driving. This inattention to driving can cause accidents.
- Fatigue and lack of enough sleep. Drivers have schedules that are not conducive to getting a full night’s sleep. This can cause drowsy driving or even sleeping at the wheel.
- Drug and alcohol use. Drivers are held to more stringent standards. Their lifestyle may not be in alignment with these regulations and be hazardous when a driver is on the road.
- Pressure by the trucking company or owner to meet time metrics. Some companies require drivers to meet unreasonable deadlines with no consideration of weather or traffic. This rushed feeling leads to driving mishaps.
- Lack of proper maintenance, especially loose or worn tires, which cause blowouts.
- Manufacturing errors. In a rare number of cases, the cause of the accident was a design flaw, manufacturing error, or faulty construction or parts.
The trucking company may be the liable party if the company hired unsafe or unskilled drivers. The company can also be liable if the company pushed drivers to drive faster or for more hours than is safe.
The Catastrophic Injuries Victims Of These Crashes Suffer
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a truck or motorcycle accident, you have our sincerest sympathy. We know that the healing process is often slow, painful and difficult for loved ones. Many types of injuries can happen in these accidents; the most common are:
- TBIs, or traumatic brain injuries. These can range from mild concussions to serious and lifelong disabling injuries.
- Broken ribs, legs, arms, ankles and wrists. These can cause long-term limitations and affect ability to work.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries. These can cause paralysis and other mobility issues.
With decades of experience, we understand the timelines, care, costs and equipment that will be necessary to produce optimal healing. We will work to secure the maximum compensation so that all bills and necessary care are covered, including loss of current and future wages, and pain and suffering.
Get Simplified, Proven Guidance
After an accident, it’s important to get the support and guidance you and your family need. We are a full-service personal injury firm that will work with you one-on-one. We offer constant contact and let you know exactly where your case stands and what will likely happen next. Call 815-714-7118 to set up a free consultation. You can also reach out to us by sending us an email. Located in Joliet, we serve clients throughout Illinois.