Personal Injury

Personal Injury Law

Our Joliet law firm specializes in the practice of Personal Injury Law and works to recover compensation on behalf of those individuals affected by a personal injury as the result of negligence. 

Catastrophic Injury Law

A Catastrophic injury can alter your life for the foreseeable future. Our Catastrophic Injury practice can ensure that you and your family are compensated for current and future expenses.

Types of cases:
Nursing Home Neglect
Wrongful Death
Products Liability
Spinal Cord Injury
Why should I hire Cassian & Carter LLC to handle my personal injury claim?
You have been victimized by the actions of someone else.  Don't be victimized by their insurance company too.  We have years of dealing with insurance companies and all of their tactics and ways of avoiding paying what a case is worth.  Would you trust an accountant to build your house?  Most people would call an experienced specialist to help them build something as important as their home.  When thousands of dollars are on the line, are you qualified to negotiate with the insurance company?  We are, so give us a call. For more information about personal injury cases click here.
What kind of personal injury cases does Cassian & Carter LLC handle?
We focus on injury cases of all types.  Many of our cases involve severe or catastrophic injury, medical malpractice and death. Such cases usually need a lot of attention, time, care, and compassion, which is why we limit our caseload—so we will have the time it takes to give each client the time and attention their case deserves.
How do I know if I need a personal injury attorney?
If you have been seriously injured or are unsure as to the outcome of your injury, an experienced                personal injury attorney should always be consulted before you give any statements or sign any papers  of any kind and as soon after your injury as possible.
In a serious injury case, you are better off hiring an attorney as soon as possible. We offer a free consultation with no obligation, therefore you have nothing to lose by consulting with us. Most other attorneys operate the same way.
There is a statute of limitations that requires you to file suit within a specific period of time, depending upon the circumstances of your case, or else you will be prohibited from obtaining any recovery. An attorney can help make sure your claim is made before it expires.
What is a Contingency Fee?
Contingency fee means that you pay a certain percentage of your recovery when the case is completed.  You do not pay any hourly fees or pay any fees up front.  A contingent fee is what is meant when you hear "there is no fee unless there is a recovery".
If I have a personal injury claim do I have to go to court?
Most personal injury cases are settled out of court between opposing lawyers or by the insurance company. Less than 5% of cases actually end up in a courtroom being heard by a judge or jury.
How long do I have to make a claim for Personal Injuries?
Generally, in Illinois you have two years from the date of the accident or injury to file a lawsuit. If you miss the statutory deadline for filing a case, your case can be thrown out of court. There are some exceptions to the “two year” rule, so you should not assume that two years applies to your case. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
How long will it take to settle or take my my personal injury claim to trial?
The time it takes to settle a personal injury case depends on the circumstances surrounding the case. The more complex the case, the longer it may take to settle. Some cases we can settle in days, weeks, or months. Others can take years. If a settlement is not possible, and a case goes to trial, it will almost always be at least 1-4 years after the suit is filed.

The personal injury lawyers at Cassian & Carter LLC have offices in Joliet and Chicago, Illinois, and provide personal injury representation throughout Illinois, including Joliet, Chicago, Aurora, Plainfield, Kankakee, Wilmington, Oak Forest, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Shorewood, Tinley Park, Mokena, Homers Glen, Downers Grove, Cook County, Dupage County, and Will County.